Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Imperfection...

What happens to a dream deferred?
Where do u draw the line between dreams and reality?
What becomes of an unspoken wish?
Is there truly anything as destiny?
How do you explain what you can't understand?

We seek answers without asking questions...
We search for love with caged hearts...
We believe in hope but fail to dream...
We dream but yet we refuse to believe...
We speak but our own words mean nothing to us...

Everyday, the battle rages inside of me...
A battle between control and surrender...
Between dreams and reality...
Perfectly masked by an ever present outward image of calmness...
A nonchalance borne out of resignation to fate...

I have done things that I am not proud of...
Spoken words that I am ashamed to repeat...
Backed down when I should have been aggressive...
Shouted when I should have kept quiet...
Simply put, I am a picture of imperfection...

My reflection stares back at me...
I am surprised by my own image...
I close my eyes and the picture is different...
Different personalities locked in one body...
A human rainbow caught in grey clouds...

2011..."To be continued"

No comments:

Post a Comment